November 26th, 2009 by Ryan
This is one article in the larger Troubleshooting SharePoint Alerts guide
You are unable to open the alert messages if :-
- You have a mailbox on a server that is running Microsoft Exchange Server 2003.
- You use Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 to send a notification message to the mailbox.
- You try to open the SharePoint Server 2007 notification message in Microsoft Office Outlook 2007.
- Outlook 2007 is running in Cached Exchange Mode.
- KB 930807 – You cannot open a SharePoint 2007 notification message in Outlook 2007 when your mailbox is on Exchange 2003 Server
- Apply hotfix mentioned in KB930807
- Disable Cached Exchange Mode (be careful of the performance impact of doing this, see comments)
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2007